Did you know Cleopatra used to bathe in milk for its skin benefits? The question is, is can you use milk skin lightening? Many bloggers swear by its lightening properties. The reason is the lactic acid in milk works to reduce skin pigmentation. The great news is you can use any cow’s or goat’s milk for lightening. This can be achieved by applying the milk to the areas you want to affect. Here are some steps to achieving lighter skin with milk:
- Make sure your skin is clean and dry.
- Warm the milk in a bowl using a microwave.
- Soak a washcloth in the milk. Squeeze out the cloth so that it is saturated but not dripping.
- Massage the milk into the area you want to be lightened. When the washcloth runs out of milk, replenish its supply by dipping it into the bowl.
If you apply the milk daily, lightening should take approximately three weeks. Once you have achieved the lightening you desire, you should still apply milk to your skin at least twice per week. Doing this will help you maintain your new found lightened skin.
Milk has other benefits for your skin. It is packed with vitamin B, calcium and other powerful antioxidants. This means it will keep your skin moisturized while helping to treat free radical damage.
Yogurt For Skin Lightening
Surprisingly, yogurt has been used to lighten skin for centuries. Like milk, yogurt contains lactic acid, which is a mild skin lightener. It will also help remove dead skin, tighten your pores and help nourish your skin. Its concentration of vitamin B12 has been proven to lighten skin and encourage healthy cell growth. Using yogurt to lighten your skin couldn’t be easier:
- Massage yogurt into your skin daily
- Rinse it off with warm water
Aloe Vera for Skin Lightening
Aloe vera has been used to treat a number of skin conditions for hundreds of years. It works by soothing wounds and skin irritations. Many people use it to treat acne scars, which are the result of damaged pores. They appear as discolorations on the skin, or raised or depressed areas of the skin.
By boosting your body’s response to inflammation, aloe vera is able to reduce scars from forming. Aloe vera is also able to increase your body’s production of elastin and collagen fibers. This results in two benefits.
- Reduction in the appearance of scars
- Reduction in the signs of aging
Aloe vera has been proven to help reduce hyperpigmentation in acne scars. This is due to a compound called aloesin. Aloesin helps reduce the overproduction of melanin making acne scars more less noticeable.
If you want to use aloe vera to lighten your acne scars here are the steps:
- Make sure the aloe vera you buy is fragrance-free and noncomedogenic
- Clean your face with a cleanser and water
- Apply the aloe vera to the areas you wish to treat making sure to also cover the areas around the damaged skin you are treating
- After half an hour, wash the aloe vera off with water
- Repeat this twice a day