If you are pregnant, you need a lot of blood. You are accommodating another human being in you and your body is working over time even if you don’t see it happening on the outside till you are far along. You’re diet is going to have to change if you don’t want to risk fatigue, shortness of breath or general weakness. If we paid just a little bit of attention in Biology class then we know that we need a lot of Calcium, Folic acid and Iron rich foods. Don’t just rely on your Prenatal drugs alone.
These are some food that can boost blood flow in pregnancy…
- Dairy products are very rich and are the best source of calcium. For our non-dairy people or vegan consumers, you can have oranges, Broccoli, kale, sardines, white beans okra just to mention a few. Calcium is very essential for strong bones for your infant.
- Beans (white beans, brown beans, kidney beans, e.t.c). You can also have corn, Avacado, Nuts and seeds, Carrots, Squash.
- Dark green leafy vegetables, like okra, pumpkin leaves (ugwu), lettuce, spinach, kale, etc. Okra are also very high in folic acids, they are the magic veggie.
- Beef, pork and chicken are excellent sources of high-quality protein.
- Berries, help to retain water in pregnant women and your blood needs a lot of water to flow and citrus fruits
- Eat a lot of watermelon. According to research, its juice can also be used to increase haemoglobin during pregnancy
- Add Beetroot to your food daily. Beetroot is an appropriate source of iron. About one cup sliced beetroot will give you 1.1 mg of iron. You can eat beetroot in various forms like salads, beetroot juice, grated beetroot along with other vegetables like potatoes and green beans.